Commerce Writer: Entertainment and Lifestyle
Commerce Writer – Entertainment and Lifestyle
AMI is seeking a Commerce Writer with a passion for finding the best products and services across celebrity, entertainment, lifestyle, and pop culture industries, with an ability to share his or her excitement of products and services with readers in clear, compelling, and upbeat copy. This individual will have the unique opportunity to learn the skills of how to monetize content, contributing his or her insight to department strategies, and will be encouraged to pitch stories, campaigns, and product and service suggestions to our Commerce Editor and Senior Commerce Director.
The Commerce Writer will work with various entertainment edit teams and business strategists in creating commerce content across all AMI entertainment properties, including Us Weekly, RadarOnline, OK!, Star, and others. This individual should be able to write across all verticals including fashion and beauty, health and fitness, parenting and relationships, and more.
This role is ideal for a writer who is obsessed with following the latest entertainment trends and creating creative, sharable copy around fun, trendy products and services that resonate with our readers. The candidate should be a conversational writer who has a passion for online shopping and can describe any given item or service with conviction.
Commerce content includes everything from deals and flash sales on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market. The writer will use data, guidance from AMI leadership teams, relationships with AMI business partners, and his or her own editorial know-how to determine the best ways to feature products and services in content.
- Write daily, monthly, seasonal, and evergreen shopping content following our various AMI entertainment style-guides
- Keep up to date with the latest brands, products, online services, pop culture trends, entertainment merchandise, and other things that are worth our audiences’ time and money
- Go hands on to review products and services for our branded partners as needed
- Utilize internal analytics tools to track performance of commerce content and formulate recommendations for future commerce content offerings
- Work in conjunction with our entertainment edit teams under the guidance of our Commerce Editor to ensure brand voice accuracy in writing and brand safety in product and service selections
- Work alongside the AMI entertainment audience development team to ensure proper promotion of commerce content through various social and other promotional outlets
- Monitor third party commerce services, affiliate networks and vendors, social media trends, in-bound inquiries, and other channels to stay abreast of commerce opportunities
- Provide weekly reporting of individual commerce content accomplishments to our Commerce Editor
- Serve as a point of contact between commerce department and edit teams
- Occasionally may write commerce content for other AMI properties and entities as needed to meet revenue goals
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a professional writing environment
- Ability to create write quickly and switch between different entertainment brand voices on a daily basis
- Basic knowledge of SEO and social media best practices and tools
- Fluent in Wordpress, Photoshop, and Google Analytics basic for editorial purposes
- Flexible schedule during retail holidays with the ability to work nights, weekends, and other different shifts as needed to meet commerce revenue goals
- Previous experience with service journalism, affiliate marketing, and/or other monetized content preferred but not required
- Passionate about all things entertainment and celebrity also a plus
Please include writing samples or a link to your portfolio when responding to this job post.
Apply for Commerce Writer: Entertainment and Lifestyle
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly