Account Executive – Public Relations
Not all career opportunities are the same. At EVINS, we view the Account Executive position in the Food, Wine & Spirits practice as a major contributor to our efforts on both the agency’s largest client and some of our exciting new emerging clients. The AE role within this practice is not only an integral part of the creative planning process, client relations and media outreach teams, but is also given the ability to travel, work with some of the biggest names in the industries we serve, and lead programs with autonomy. Account Executives within the FWS practice at EVINS are surrounded by passionate professionals that love exploring trends and culture related to our clients, and brings that personal interest in to the work as well. As teammates, the FWS team will help teach best practices, collaborate at every level, and encourage everyone to bring their own creativity and personal interests into the work. The Account Executive position within the Food, Wine & Spirits practice at EVINS is perfect for public relations professionals with experience pitching stories to media, who can bring an enthusiastic, media-savvy, creative, tenacious, organized, fearless and cocktail-loving personality into a high-powered team.
AE responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Day-to-day client correspondence – serving as account lead on certain business
- Assist in the creative development of strategic PR initiatives / plans
- Proactively pitch media with tailored story angles to target specific outlets / journalists
- Develop and maintain solid media relationships
- Secure quality media placements (online, print, broadcast, etc.)
- Execute client events
- Daily monitoring of media for client placements
- Manage media clippings and do write-ups for clients
- Maintain and organize client files and documents
- Perform in-depth research and analysis (audits) for various client initiatives / opportunities
- Manage and prepare monthly status reports for clients
- Draft press releases, press kit materials, pitches, media alerts, etc., and distribute them accordingly
- Coordinate desk sides for client market visits
- Compile briefing books for client market visits / road shows
- Coordinate travel arrangements for both clients and press
- Identify and forge relationships with select strategic partners
- Collect and maintain editorial calendars
- Build, update and maintain media lists / contact databases
- Prepare meeting agendas, notes, call recaps, etc.
- Manage interns
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry news and trends by sharing insights both internally and with clients resulting from regularly reading industry outlets and attending industry events
- Passion for food, wine & spirits is a MUST! If you really like bourbon, that’s a bonus.
- Minimum 2 years of public relations experience at an agency, [PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT PR EXPERIENCE]
- Solid track record of media placements across mixed media
- Strong writing skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Outgoing personality, networking ability and desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively in all written and verbal reports
- Social media savvy
EVINS is an award-winning branding, marketing and communications agency, specializing in the development of integrated multi-platform programs and campaigns for icon, legacy and luxury brands. Founded in 1987, EVINS has been consistently recognized for its creative excellence, strategic planning and tactical execution. By forging long-term client partnerships, EVINS makes a measurable, meaningful and consequential contribution to the growth and success of its clients' businesses. For additional information, please visit our website (EVINS.com), or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.