Associate I, Project Management Office
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Australia, Brussels and London, and with additional staff in other regions of the United States and around the globe, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance the Pew brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to manage the Pew brand, ensure production of the highest quality work, and effectively steward Pew's resources.
The associate I position is located in Washington, DC, and is a member of the project management team reporting to the associate manager, project management office. The successful candidate will assist and work the senior project management team and will be responsible for managing the production work flow of various print, multimedia, and digital communications products as well as the packaging and publishing content on Pew's website. This individual will be responsible for project management, ensuring high-quality products and on-time deliverables. The associate I will serve as an advisor to Pew staff and partners on digital communications tools and techniques to enhance the overall communication strategy for Pew's project teams. The position requires the ability to develop and maintain extensive institutional knowledge of Pew and its initiatives.
• Project manage the content production process on a wide variety of digital, print, and multimedia products across the communications department.
• Set and maintain project timelines, identify stakeholders, secure approvals, and facilitate feedback among communications, editorial, multimedia, creative, and digital teams.
• Attend planning meetings and build relationships across departments.
• Review and report development progress, managing obstacles and proposing solutions where needed.
• Coordinate project deliverables, guiding the teams on potential risks, and escalating to the right members of team as and when required.
• Manage project communication and documenting issues and changes that affect the project
• Monitor analytics and use metrics to inform content strategy.
• Work closely with colleagues within communications and across policy and research departments to optimize the packaging and presentation of digital content to meet strategic goals.
• Coordinate with social media and email marketing team when planning product releases.
• Coordinate, review and post content on the Pew web site, including text, photography, slide shows, interactives, infographics, and multimedia materials as needed, using best practices for optimizing digital content.
• Work together with Senior Project Managers to define scope, resource requirements, initial project estimates, and timelines on large strategic projects.
• Participate in strategic planning for maximizing knowledge resources and internal communications.
• Contribute to and participate in tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Create opportunities to capitalize on advances in Web site development and electronic communications tools.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least one year of professional experience of Web-site management, digital marketing, and/or project management experience.
• Experience managing projects in an agency environment delivering content within editorial, multimedia, creative, and digital ¬¬¬environments a plus.
• Strong project-management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, manage timelines and identify resources for digital projects.
• Excellent oral communications, writing, editing and research skills and the ability to work individually and in groups to meet goals. Proven ability to frame and draft cogent written messages.
• Strong strategic and tactical web editorial skills, solid understanding of best practices for optimizing digital content and user experience, and knowledge of digital tools that assist strategic communications efforts.
• Knowledge of project and resource management software, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML editor, and web analytics software.
• Sound consultation and relationship management skills.
• Ability to work independently and with groups to meet goals.
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with change management, stakeholder communications, business analysis or process changes a plus.
Minimal travel anticipated.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pmkrkcbb23p38hw5