Trepp, LLC is a leading service provider of data, analytics and technology to the global securities and investment management industries. Trepp serves three primary sectors: Structured Products, Commercial Real Estate, and Banking. Trepp utilizes the largest proprietary database of commercial real estate loans – over 100,000 distinct loans valued at more than $1 trillion – to provide sophisticated, comprehensive models and analytics to our customers. Trepp, LLC is seeking a Staff Writer to cultivate and maintain news sources in various commercial real estate markets, identify news events, and write about them.
Trepp’s tools are utilized by over 600 institutional clients representing insurance companies, investment banks, pension funds, asset managers, and regulators. Trepp is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail Group, the largest media company in Britain.
The Staff Writer is responsible for cultivating and maintaining news sources in various commercial real estate markets, identifying news events and writing about them. The Staff Writer will be a highly-motivated self-starter who can develop and take on multiple story assignments while simultaneously working them effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate must have an outgoing personality, relish developing reliable industry sources, and possess an uncanny ability to make people (particularly professionals in the finance world) open up to them. A good sense of humor also helps. They'll enjoy learning about the most complex financial transactions from a team that has covered the commercial real estate industry for a collective 50+ years.
This is not a freelance position and the position will be based in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least two years of experience reporting and writing for a daily newspaper or news wire
- Must have very strong reporting and writing skills and be very comfortable developing a news beat.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Excel.
- While a good understanding of financial markets is a plus, a very strong desire to learn about them is even more important. The goal is to be able to digest complex financial topics, understand and describe them to readers through concise, but thorough stories.
- Must be able to pass a basic writing test, as well as tests to ensure comfort in mathematics and a base working knowledge of Excel.
Apply for Staff Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly