Producer (Pro-Life Weekly)
The Producer will work in tandem with the Host/Producer of EWTN Pro-Life Weekly to coordinate discussions, assist with pro-life research, and fulfill other responsibilities to produce a quality weekly television program, as well as work with organizations/program hosts to develop and produce various EWTN programs and specials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in producing discussion segments on national/international pro-life news from a Catholic perspective.
- Identify potential guests to explain key life issues for our audience.
- Communicate with the EWTN Pro-Life Weekly Host/Producer about guests, including extensive research.
- Identify original content stories that would make good discussion or news segments.
- Coordinates with the Editor and Graphics Artist to visualize and order graphics for the program.
- Work with outside organizations in the production of various EWTN programs.
- Work with program hosts in development of EWTN programs and specials.
- Assist on other EWTN produced programs out of the Washington DC studios.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in TV broadcast production/programming or print news, communications, or related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including social media skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- A strong understanding of the pro-life movement, familiarity with pro-life leaders, and a knowledge of key life issues relevant to EWTN Global Catholic audience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays.
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration. EOE
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.