Creative Services Director
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the publishing division of Wine Enthusiast Companies, is seeking a Creative Services Director to become part of our great Sales and Marketing team. This full time position will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY which offers an onsite gym and café as well as a shuttle service for train commuters and covered parking.
The Creative Services Director is responsible for all forms of design, marketing, promotion, and implementation of marketing strategies to support the Wine Enthusiast Media brand. Projects include working with the sales team and clients on creative work, including print advertorials in the magazines, marketing collateral, pitch decks, online assets, email campaigns and other related projects as needed. In order to meet the desired outcomes it absolutely necessary the Creative Services Director be an effective communicator.
These are the areas which you will need fortes in:
- Creativity: inventing new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messages with a keen understand of design and smart copy that will result in a fresh approach to advertising the Wine Enthusiast Media brand.
- Analytical: Since advertising and marketing is ever evolving, the Creative Services Director is responsible for analyzing trends, looking at new data and keeping up with the times.
- Decision-Making: Advertising campaigns have timelines, and the Creative Services Director along with the Sales marketing Director will be making decisions on final copy and final art for all creative created by Wine Enthusiast Media.
- Interpersonal Skills: While interacting with Wine Enthusiast associates you may be called upon to meet with corporate heads and outside clients. It is required professional behavior and appropriate communication skills be maintained at all times.
- Management Skills: Prioritizing and being organized are key to keeping the many creative projects, running simultaneously, on schedule to meet deadlines.
Here are some of the ways the above will be utilized:
- Inform respective functional groups of any revisions to project timelines if dates are in jeopardy.
- Oversee each phase of the internal and external approval process: including the approval of copy, layouts, final artwork, proofs and printed samples.
- Manage production schedules and creative output to support launch dates of seasonal marketing materials.
- Partner with the Magazine Design team to ensure that our creative assets remain leading edge and ahead of our competition.
- Ensure that a high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for the team.
- Deliver strategic communication solutions that help the brand attain the marketing and communications objectives.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, on-site gym with free fitness classes, cafeteria and covered parking – in a wonderfully green campus setting.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE