Post Production Manager
Post Production Manager (3-month contract with the potential for a permanent position)
We want to change the way people share and consume media. We believe the future of media is in immersive technologies. As an end-to-end service, we develop and produce entertaining content with custom VR equipment and proprietary software, and we distribute through our platform Amaze on Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, Windows Mixed Reality, iOS, and Android. To position ourselves for the next phase of growth, we’re searching for a mission-oriented, creative teammate who can take our content to the next level.
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, AmazeVR is an end-to-end VR content production company with proprietary VR technology. Within five months of its debut, Amaze is the #1 ranked free app on the Oculus Store (as of September 14, 2017) and was the #1 most popular app by download across the VR industry in 2017. AmazeVR has offices in Sunnyvale, CA and in West Hollywood, CA.
Who you are:
- Excited about working at an early-stage startup with a small team, and wearing multiple hats
- Passionate about entertainment - 2-5 years experience in the entertainment industry (internships included)
- Creative and experienced across the post-production field. Expert in Adobe CC with extensive experience in coloring, motion graphics, and animation. Experience in sound design and video stitching is a plus
- Highly organized - can build systems and templates to streamline the process of handling projects at scale
- A communicator who can keep the team abreast of the process, capturing the team’s vision
- The desire to be a leader - if selected to join the team for the long-run, we want to invest in you to lead the post-production department
- You know what real hustle looks like - resourceful in a fast-paced evolving environment and will meet tight deadlines
- A “yes… and!” person, not a “yes, but…” person
- You may or may not have VR experience - come with an open mind and we’ll teach you
- Operate post-production department with a team of 2-3 part-time editors
- Lead editor on all major productions (2x month) with an ability to quickly execute entire post-production workflow (assembly, color, graphics, sound design, etc.)
- Develop a workflow with efficient systems and templates that junior editors can easily apply
- Be a teammate in lending an editor’s eye across the entire production, from development to post
- Dog-friendly - bring your dog to work!
- Lunch, snacks, and unlimited coffee are covered
- Access to all WeWork events and amenities
- Start date: Immediate
- Hours: 10am-7pm, M-F
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
If interested, please submit your resume with a brief introduction and any links to your reel/body of work. Look forward to learning more about you!