Acquisition Marketing Manager
- Full Time
This is an incredible opportunity to help shape a new online division at one of the most prestigious animal welfare and conservation organizations while reaching supporters and advocates in fifteen countries on five continents in nine languages.
IFAW is looking for a highly analytical and experienced online marketing professional to help lead and manage our global online marketing efforts in order to drive both lead generation and donations online. As the Manager of Acquisition Marketing, your core focus will be to define and execute the marketing acquisition strategy across paid search, paid social, display, organic search, and affiliates channels while contributing to the organizational goals of building brand awareness and expanding audience engagement. This position directly supports the growth, cultivation and development of the IFAW digital universe of subscribers, advocates and donors in order to meet revenue targets.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of online marketing fundamentals, an understanding of the tools, engineering stack and assets needed to support online marketing, experience being an effective internal champion for new growth opportunities via acquisition channels, and experience to lead and inspire online marketing team members in the US and globally. You will be adept at working across multiple groups within the IFAW organization including Marketing, Development (major, mid and direct), Analytics and Engineering in order to meet your goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for annual budget, including the management of monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, quarterly forecasting against lead and revenue goals, and weekly/monthly reporting against targets.
- Oversee all media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, scoping out new areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing/analysis/experimentation across all channels.
- Responsible for defining and overseeing the creative development of assets (e.g. ads, videos, animated gifs, content, text etc.) needed to support online acquisition activities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and evaluation of all support agencies required to deliver on the acquisition marketing strategy, including agency briefing, contract negotiations, target/KPI setting and evaluation, reporting, and relationship management.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on campaign and acquisition success against targets in collaboration with support from analytics team.
- Regularly test new and online opportunities with current and potential partners.
- Develop, implement and maintain a “best practices” SEO strategy in conjunction with marketing and engineering teams.
- Help optimize donor experience and journey online (e.g. landing pages) in order to convert, retain and re-engage advocates, supporters and donors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of paid online marketing and acquisition experience
- Deep understanding of online marketing fundamentals (paid, earned, owned) and knowledge of how other marketing channels compliment each other
- Proven track record planning, directing, optimizing and analyzing online marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Comfortable working with creative teams to develop and produce effective campaigns as well as with product/engineering teams to optimize websites and landing pages
- Ability to analyze/synthesize complex data (e.g. acquisition costs, LTV) and utilize it to develop strategic initiatives
- Understanding of conversion funnels, last click attribution models, Google Analytics and other reporting tools
- Proven track record in successfully managing complex expense and revenue budgets
- Highly collaborative manager capable of working with an international, multi-cultural, team to meet demanding deadlines and targets
- Ability to research and stay ahead of industry trends and share findings with internal stakeholders communicating highly technical concepts and materials to non-technical audiences
- Some domestic and international travel required