Advertising Sales Account Manager/Director
Mental Floss is looking for an Account Manager or Director (commensurate with experience) to join our advertising sales team. Our new teammate should be a self-motivated, outgoing, go-getter with in-depth knowledge of digital advertising and an established track record of calling on all levels at both the client and agency, driving revenue opportunities through content-based client solutions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years recent/relevant experience in digital advertising sales with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals and performing well in a competitive environment
- Deep understanding of the media and advertising landscape
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; strong negotiation skills
- Ability to connect with difficult-to-reach stakeholders at all levels – including client, agency and PR – to build productive, long-term relationships
- Experience with the following desired but not required: Programmatic sales; Cross platform selling; digital video sales experience; Analytics; Media campaigns.
- Willingness for business travel as needed
- Prospect, negotiate and secure media partnerships in assigned territory
- Achieve monthly sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities
- Creative ideating that generates successful partnerships, including custom narratives, digital video, podcasting and events
- Maintain constant contact with clients before, during, and after the sale to establish and positively manage the business relationship
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management.
- Participate in industry associations and trade groups.