Customer Service/Admin Assistant - Part-time - for Digital Media Company
Customer Service/Admin Assistant—Part-time
New Hope Media, a digital publishing company in midtown Manhattan, is seeking an energetic, efficient jack-of-all-trades to support our customer service, administrative, and editorial initiatives. This part-time position is ideal for a fast learner and adept multi-tasker who is eager to learn more about publishing and online media. You’ll join our fast-growing company and work in a congenial team-based environment.
* Customer Service: You will be the point person solving problems for web visitors, online customers, advertisers, and magazine subscribers. This requires an understanding and mastery of various customer databases, as well as a sunny disposition.
* Editorial: Work with magazine and web editors to manage editorial and reprint rights for content and to evaluate submissions.
* Digital Directories/Online Stores: Own the daily upkeep and promote the growth of our online directories. This includes communication with paid listers, working with graphic designers and sales to create listings, managing back-end directory enhancements, and ensuring accuracy of listings.
*Office Management: As the voice of New Hope Media, you will direct incoming calls, oversee supplies, manage incoming and outgoing mail, schedule office events, and contribute to our team projects.
* Advertising Sales: You will manage the advertising comp lists, payments, track invoices, and coordinate occasional advertiser mailings with our ad sales team.
The Customer Service/Admin assistant must be very skilled at navigating technology in a dynamic office environment. This position requires using a variety of software and online systems so the successful candidate should be very comfortable with online databases and quick to learn new systems.
This part-time position may transition to full-time depending on the skills/interests of the incumbent. Possible expansion opportunities include adding analytic and reporting tasks, and/or moving into web production and search engine optimization.
- Detail-oriented college grad, preferable digital native, comfortable with online databases.
- Highly organized multi-tasker who thrives on working independently
- Excellent telephone skills; outgoing personality; articulate and well-spoken
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Interest in digital media, writing, service journalism
Please send email a cover letter describing your interest/qualifications as well as your resume to the attention of Susan Caughma. No phone calls, please