Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Full Time
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing, implementing and advancing an annual marketing and sales strategy to support the organization’s mission, generate interest and revenue and achieve targets and goals. Specific responsibilities include content-based storytelling and content development, brand management, and supervision of all aspects of creative services from collateral design to digital media production, development of creative and advertising, media planning across all channels, strategic marketing, planning and execution of specific promotional events, social media, email communications, management of the sales department and key sales partnerships, and cultivating professional partnerships.
The VP of Sales and Marketing must have experience and extended knowledge in marketing research, overseeing existing programs that include analyzing visitation trends, visitor experience, advertising performance. The position must also supervise the creation of new marketing surveys when appropriate to gain insight to support or drive specific initiatives.
The VP is responsible for managing the sales team and driving admissions revenue. The position requires the analysis of sales trends across key segments, including groups, resellers, general public, passes, as well as developing strategies to effectively reach forecast goals. The position works with sales, finance, strategy, and others in the forecasting of existing business streams and to analyze new opportunities.
The VP of Sales and Marketing works across departments with senior staff and the organization’s leadership to create and execute innovative marketing campaigns and strategies combining proven traditional means and progressive media to advance the organization’s vision, broaden and increase the visibility of programs and build a stronger national and international brand.
The VP of Sales and Marketing must have experience in leading a team and working closely with leadership in digital strategy, communications and tourism and sales.
- Develop annual marketing plan and manage resources necessary to achieve organization’s goals.
- Build strategies and create market demand to increase visitation, membership and donations, and create interest in the institution; including but not limited to education initiatives and events.
- Oversee market research, including marketing surveys, and analyze to develop integrated advertising campaigns across various channels, including OOH, print, social, web and mobile.
- Collaborate with Strategy and Finance to develop annual revenue forecast.
- Track, monitor and report on advertising spend and performance.
- Partner across departments on developing marketing and advertising strategies to support initiatives.
- Supervise Sales and Tourism outreach and cultivate key partnerships, maximizing exposure and sales across both vehicles.
- Supervise the management of advertisement and creative firms and media placement agencies.
- Oversee Marketing and Sales Department staff and direct reports that include Director of Sales, Director of Branding and Creative Services, Associate Director of Social Media and Content Strategy and marketing manager.
- Working with the retail function, consult and/or support the design, development and implementation of retail products and services.
- Develop marketing tactics to create interest and demand for educational and public programming, tours and special public events.
- Oversee creative services, which includes brand management, collateral, graphics, signage, co-venture marketing agreements.
- Design and develop content for digital marketing campaigns, including social, web and mobile.
- Supervise, direct and manage advertisement and creative firms and media placement agencies.
- Research and analyze market for ad placement in various channels, including print, broadcast and digital.
- Coordinate promotional opportunities with reservations and ticketing staff.
- Develop and maintain materials to support fundraising and retail, including market research and, marketing.
- Routinely identify any inefficiencies related to marketing and advertising spends, from underperforming campaigns to costly third-party contracts, to improve or eliminate.
- Ensure cohesive marketing messages, quality standards and consistent brand deployment of all marketing efforts across the organization and through partnerships with external marketing and promotional firms and organizations.
- Manage business aspects of the work, including administration, project management, invoicing and budgeting.
- Oversee all social media efforts in coordination with the Digital Strategy staff.
- Oversee all external mass email communications to stakeholders and visitors.
- Coordinate with Communications and Digital Strategy staff to amplify signature marketing campaigns and for storytelling on web, social and mobile.
- Strengthen global brand and visibility.
- Partner with Institutional Advancement and Museum departments on specific events that need marketing support.
- Review and approve all reseller contacts.
- In partnership with Finance, monitor accounts receivable and billing.
- Grow group sales and ticketing partnerships.
- Contribute insight to Finance for forecasting.
- Manage key sales partnerships with attraction passes, maximizing exposure and sales across both vehicles.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing and advertising or a related field required, advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of marketing and advertising experience for nonprofit, corporate, a cultural institution or agency.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with analyzing and using research data and primary market research (qualitative and quantitative) to stay competitive.
- Highly knowledgeable about advertising markets. Global advertising experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in coordinating closely with Communications staff.
- Experience is sales and tourism.
- Familiar with analytical tools for market research.
- Experience/knowledge of digital marketing.
- Experience in managing marketing-related projects such as developing retail products, collateral materials, promotions, public relations, website development, digital advertising, graphic design and targeted email communications.
- Collaborate and drive organization’s vision while supervising the work of for-hire or pro bono creative and advertising agencies and design firms.
- Possess creative and entrepreneurial skills.
- Innovative thinker with ability to translate strategic planning into action plans with results.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Superior management experience, including the ability to set budget priorities, inspire staff and head cross-departmental projects with a marketing focus.
- Experience/knowledge of content-based marketing.
- Proven ability to articulate the organization’s vision and strategy to inspire and drive a team to successfully achieve goals and targets.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience with cause marketing or cause branding.
- In-depth understanding of the news media industry and communications conglomerates as well as their core marketing business
- Dedication to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum’s mission.
- This is a full-time position.
- We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please state the location where job posting was seen.
- Send cover letter and resume
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.