Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter and are premier media properties focused on covering the entertainment and music industries via leading digital destinations and original video programming (See samples at YouTube dot com /Billboard and /Hollywood Reporter.) We are looking for an experienced Video Producer based in New York who will be a key member of a growing production team working in a fast-paced entertainment news-based environment.
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about music, moving images and popular culture. He/she will produce and project manage a wide range of content including: behind-the-scenes docs., weekly music-themed series, multi-part features, special event coverage and more. The Producer will act as a liaison between internal departments, vendors, talent teams, and company creative leads.
This is a full-time position located at our Midtown Manhattan office reporting to the Director of Production.
- Lead the production of assigned video projects to deliver on schedules and within budgets
- Produce video that is conceived, shot and formatted specific to the needs of the web and mobile platforms
- Manage the end-to-end production process, from project planning to graphics to finishing (color/sound) to distribution
- Develop, pitch and produce pilots of new video concepts that drive video views and engage audiences
- Maintain a global rolodex of vendors who can produce, shoot, and edit on location
- Communicate clearly and professionally across departments and with managers about project budgets, schedules, approvals and deliverables
- Help implement video strategies focused on audience development and brand growth
- Be supremely organized, proactive and positive at every stage of production
- Embrace and exploit emerging video platforms and formats
- Stay up to date on technical developments and industry standards to help improve work-flow and quality
- Oversee management of assets, working with teams to archive and organize footage for future use and distribution
- Some travel is required in this position. Must be comfortable producing on-site and in the field at events around the U.S.
- 4+ years of experience creating and managing the production of premium digital video
- Background in video entertainment, news or similarly related digital consumer media is required
- A track record of producing high visibility video for large-scale audiences
- The ability to work with high-end talent and their teams for participation in video projects
- A desire to work unconventional hours, multi-task and facilitate quick turn-a-rounds for a news-based entertainment organization
- Ability to think independently, strategically and efficiently across multiple events and platforms
- A track record of coming up with creative solutions for logistical challenges
- Ability to closely supervise post-production, maintaining editorial integrity and quality control
- Passion for creating engaging, non-fiction programming
- BA/BS required
- All applications must include a link to an online producing reel