Position Summary Reporting to the Creative Director, the Editorial Manager’s duties include writing, editing, proofreading, fact-checking and project-managing managing the production of a broad range of promotional collateral in support of all of 92Y’s programming. This includes, but is not limited to, brochures, catalogs, direct mail pieces, advertisements, marketing materials, house programs, web content, event pages, newsletters, social media and other materials.
- Copywriting: Conceptualize original content for social media, web, email, newsletters, brochures, catalogs, posters and advertisements for all 92Y programming. Work closely with Marketing, Creative, Programming and third party teams to deliver compelling, effective promotional communication; write copy for media relations, corporate sponsorship and development materials as required. Develop thematic approaches for 92Y collateral as assigned.
- Editing: Edit content for print and web for length, style, taste and accuracy. Liaise with Editorial and Marketing departments, Programming centers and other interested parties (where appropriate) over copy approval. Work with Senior Editorial Manager and Creative Director and to develop, implement and maintain writing and editorial standards for all 92Y material.
- Proofreading: Proofread and fact-check 92Y materials to ensure complete accuracy and freedom from errors. Communicate corrections clearly and efficiently to Creative, Marketing and Center staff. Liaise with Development department to ensure all credits are up to date and accurate.
- Project Management: Manage the development and production of publications such as house programs, calendars, email and other items to ensure materials are produced with efficiency, economy, accuracy and timeliness. Maintain production schedules for select projects. Coordinate artist review of materials in concert with Center and Marketing manager. Create, edit, proofread and deploy 92Y emails across programming areas.
- Other duties related to the job title as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications or appropriate equivalent.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience in a related field with Legal education/experience a plus
- Proven ability to create a broad range of written materials on a diverse and complex spectrum of subjects in an engaging and imaginative style aimed at a wide variety of readerships and market sectors
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills including the ability to work within established guidelines
- Professional experience creating and optimizing content for platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Superior organizational and administrative skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in an independent manner as well as part of a team and to take initiative to solve problems
Hours of work: 9 am to 6 pm with a 1 hour unpaid break for a total of 40 hours per week