Sports Reporter Anchor
40/29 News, the Hearst-owned ABC/CW duopoly in Fayetteville/Fort Smith, AR is looking for a weekend sports anchor/reporter who can break the clichéd local sports model. We are looking for a sportscaster who can break the big sports stories, move beyond the dry press conference sound bites, enterprise compelling human interest stories, and find the unique angles that will captivate the non-sports fan. Our next sports anchor/reporter will turn both sports and news stories during the week. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. We are looking for a sportscaster who knows when sports news is breaking news, and wants to jump into continuous coverage of breaking weather or news. Our sports anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. The weekend sports anchor/reporter will work out of the Northwest Arkansas newsroom in Rogers.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on sports, day-of news or special project assignments
- Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow us to break stories of significance.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Past sports experience preferred
- Past news experience preferred
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use of latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid drivers license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- College degree or equivalent work/military experience