Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Contribute to pitching, writing and producing exceptional content for KYV.comWrite, shoot and edit a minimum of two video pieces per week for knowyourvalue.comScript, shoot and edit post-tape interviews with noteworthy guests from Morning Joe and other sources each weekWrite and edit headlines and text to accompany videos for maximum engagementTake part in editorial planning including building of the editorial calendar and regular franchises for the website Perform all work in the CMS including loading all articles and photos and working with graphics and video elements Create and maintain the social calendar including scheduling all social postings using Social FlowOther duties as assigned
The Know Your Value team is looking for a video producer to help produce engaging and powerful original content for our digital, mobile and social platforms.
Inspired by Mika Brzezinski’s New York Times best-selling book, Knowing Your Value: Women, Money, and Getting What You’re Worth, Know Your Value is an inclusive and empowered community that helps women recognize, and be recognized for, their personal and professional value by inspiring and driving their individual growth.
Comcast and NBC News have invested in dedicated business resources to further develop Know Your Value content for employees, consumers, corporate sponsors and external Diversity & Inclusion teams.
The video producer will create Know Your Value content such as original video content and articles that will engage women at every stage of their career. Topics will include personal brand and image, negotiation, office politics, careers and health. We are looking for a candidate with experience shooting and editing video, a talent for writing and a knack for knowing what’s going on to drive traffic and engagement.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring enthusiasm, energy and creativity to each project and will work collaboratively with a matrixed team to create new and engaging content in the Know Your Value voice.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience
• Three or more years of experience in live TV (morning show, cable show, broadcast, etc.) including segment producing experience in both tape and desktop editing
• Three or more years of experience producing, editing and promoting video on the Web
• Ability to develop story ideas and angles, research and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills (ability to pick out key moments and identify compelling narratives in raw footage, etc.) and experience editing on a tight deadline
• Experience shooting and directing on-camera talent
• Expertise with key production tools (Avid, Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
• Knowledge of content management/online publishing systems/ SEO best practices
• Strong control of mixing visual effects with studio and field footage
• Demonstrates collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Possesses exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with different timelines
• Able to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Strong oral and written communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.