Researcher, The Steve Wilkos Show
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Stamford Media Center and Productions is seeking a researcher for The Steve Wilkos Show as described below. This is a Run of Show position
· Perform web research to gather background information for program segments
· Use Lexis Nexis and other resources to find Criminal reports, news articles, contact information for potential guests
· Vet prospective show guests by calling and web searching parole offices, courts, etc
· Assist production teams with phone inquiries and other requests
· Pitch original story ideas & generate leads for producers in evaluating potential stories
· Obtain news footage and articles when necessary – obtain hard copies for b-roll if needed
· Work with legal team when vetting potential shoot locations
• At least 1 year experience in TV production
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet
• Bachelor’s degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
• Demonstrated research fluency through the Internet, Lexis Nexis and Factiva.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Experience with daytime talk shows a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow direction and work independently when necessary
• Superior organizational skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.