Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Reporting to the Senior Executive Director of Marketing, this position is a unique opportunity to be involved in the continued growth of Flatiron Books, one of Macmillan’s newest divisions. You will strategize, execute and analyze creative marketing campaigns.
• Serve as lead marketer and point of contact for publisher, editors, authors, and sales team for select titles
• Develop and execute marketing and advertising campaigns for a wide variety of titles across Young Adult, Mystery, Women’s Fiction, and Nonfiction Genres
• Manage the creation of advertising and marketing collateral for assigned titles, including writing copy, collaborating with designer, and delivering assets to vendors
• Create organic social media campaigns for assigned titles as well as work on growth of social media channels with a direct focus on Facebook
• Execute social media advertising campaigns and keyword advertising campaigns
• Leverage Goodreads to promote titles
• Maintain budget for assigned titles
• Update department schedules and central marketing database with campaign specifics
• Coordinate production of galleys within division
• Attend imprint weekly marketing meetings, bi-weekly sales meetings, and corporate digital marketing meetings
• Work with Senior Executive Director of Marketing on high profile titles/authors
• Collaborate with publicity and editorial and serve as liaison with managing editor, production editors, and production managers and present campaigns to colleagues in strategy and marketing update meetings.
• Grow email lists for direct to consumer messaging and marketing (genre specific) by working with Macmillan’s digital team to strategize the best way to develop audience and message to them
• Assist in creating power point presentations for sales meetings and scheduling meetings with sales and internal staff
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
• Ability to set up, optimize and analyze social media advertising campaigns and understanding of Google Analytics to chart campaign progress
• Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including email, social media marketing, search, as well as traditional book marketing
• 3-5 years marketing experience and keen knowledge of book publishing
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proficiency with Google drive – sheets, slides, and documents
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree