POPSUGAR Voices Editor
- Full Time
POPSUGAR is looking for a versatile, creative, detail-oriented Editor to help support our growing freelance network, POPSUGAR Voices. If you love finding new voices to highlight, working with writers to make their content shine, and collaborating with a fast-paced team, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for health and wellness content, a knack for organization, and an analytical eye.
In this role, you will...
- Assign and edit a high volume of fitness and health content from our pool of over 600 freelance contributors
- Evaluate story pitches and submissions from contributors, and choose the best content to be featured on POPSUGAR Fitness
- Lead content strategy for POPSUGAR Fitness’s freelancer program with a heavy emphasis on SEO
- Use analytics to track the performance of your stories and plan future content accordingly
- Contribute original content to POPSUGAR
- Work with contributor network to troubleshoot and answer questions as needed
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 5-7 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with writers
- A firm understanding of POPSUGAR’s voice and the expertise to edit and produce content with little direction
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- A familiarity with and passion for the POPSUGAR brand
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR. This job is full-time and on site in POPSUGAR’s San Francisco, New York, or Chicago office. No phone calls, please.
About POPSUGAR Inc.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR, digital shopping platform ShopStyle, and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract more than 100 million visitors worldwide and 2.4 billion monthly content views, with each brand being a leader in its space.
POPSUGAR Inc. operates internationally in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, China, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.