Android Tech Lead
Android Tech Lead
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
What PBS Has for You
We're a small team responsible for big projects. We're hiring an experienced engineer to build video products on mobile and OTT Android clients. For this role "build" means:
- Unblock development teams
- Direct client architecture
- Write code
- Review code
The person in this role will be an engineer that works closely with the design and product management teams. Perks include: amazing co-workers, a humane work-life balance, and meaningful work. If you're interested in delivering content meant to "educate, inspire, entertain, and express a diversity of perspectives," please consider yourself a candidate.
What You Have
You want to share the challenge of delivering a million video streams every week. You want to build self-directed teams. You can speak to the interactions between a mobile/OTT client and the server and have experienced different approaches. You love reading and writing Android code. We currently use Java for Android development, but Kotlin and React Native are welcome candidates. An ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Enthusiastic: We work at a company that effects positive change. Let's act like it!
- Collaborative: You're smart and communicative enough to mentor junior engineers. You can accept feedback from engineers that have had different experiences than you.
- Humbly opinionated: You bring what you know to the table and are willing to learn more.
- Lifelong learner: You're driven by an inquisitive nature.
To us, "Lead" means that you've shepherded several projects by:
- Making decisions on the tech stack and living with the consequences
- Writing the tricky bits of code that couldn't be delegated
- Coordinating engineers on your project and communicating with teams of dependency projects
Come Work with Us!
If you want to work with a group of people who are smart and get things done, please start by clicking the button below. Please include some samples of your work in your application: code, blog posts, and/or links to personal or professional sites.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities