Multi Media Journalist
KOCO-TV is looking for a Multimedia Journalist who has the ability to generate compelling, timely stories, write to video, and do active, urgent live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content for air and digital. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the “big story”.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
- Shoot, track and edit high-quality news stories
- Coverage of breaking news, weather and sports
- Develop sources and generate story ideas
- At least two years’ television news reporting, photography and editing
- Breaking news and severe weather experience
- Creative, concise writing
- Excellent photography and editing skills
- Military multimedia experience will be considered
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Positive newsroom citizen who invests in the success of the team
- Ability to connect with viewers
- Must enjoy being part of a team
- Excellent writing, shooting and editing skills
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience