One of our core beliefs is that a workplace filled with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, interests, and personalities makes our team and our work better. We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development, diversity, work/life balance, and doing meaningful work while having fun.
Group Nine is seeking an organized and design-oriented creative project manager to support the creative team’s ongoing
initiatives across G9 and our publishers: The Dodo, Jash, NowThis, Seeker and Thrillist. The G9 creative team is
responsible for driving the core aesthetic of the brand, assisting publishers and select partners in high profile
creative projects, maintaining best practices for toolkits and design across brands and platforms, and creatively
leading/implementing experiential initiatives for Group Nine. The Project Manager is responsible for facilitating
stakeholder communication, managing priorities and milestones, tracking per-project budgets, managing the
creative freelance bench, and maintaining an efficient/effective workflow amongst the design team.
This is a full-time role within the Group Nine design team reporting to the Creative Director and Director of
Who we’re looking for:
● You have a passion for organization and transparency
● You are comfortable using various project management and creative tools
● You are a strong communicator who is comfortable working with multiple stakeholders concurrently
● You are a self-starter who can also work in a highly collaborative environment
● You are passionate about transparency and efficiency
● You have a solid, working understanding of design
● 6+ years of experience in the design, production, or media space
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Advanced problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems
● Creative thinker with a keen sense of design
● Self-starter with an interest in storytelling and new media
● Deep understanding of social platforms
● Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
● Enthusiastically collaborative: an ability to work with a team of editors & producers
● Obsessive file organization skills
● Strong focus on teamwork & ability to manage relationships across multiple departments.
● A sense of humor and great attitude
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel
(Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're
one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care
about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.