Thrillist is seeking a wildly creative Editor for our growing Video team based in New York City. In this role, you’ll shape all manner of compelling videos including social-first short-form stories for facebook, short-to-mid-form youtube shows, and many other videos for established and emerging platforms, including documentary, scripted, reality … maybe even a game show. The ideal candidate is immersed in, and in love with, the process of telling stories through understanding of video editing techniques, and comes in with a working knowledge of how to create top-notch, narrative stories, that hook you and keep you watching to the end. Responsibilities:
- Tell our stories well!
- Work alongside video producers, shooters, editors, and animators to create entertaining, shareable, and exciting short-to-mid-form content
- Ensure your own reliability - control what you can control, be present with us at work
- Ingesting cards and logging footage
- Editing content in Adobe Premier Pro. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe CC, and color correction are a plus
- Immerse yourself in the data around the videos you and others -- both on the team and at other publishers -- are making, and use that as a guide to smart decision-making for future videos
- Participate in meetings and create a feedback loop with your Senior Editor, Producer, Senior Producer, and Audience team
- Make every attempt to master the Thrillist voice and tone, and infuse all videos with the feeling of fun that we stand for
- Task yourself with a thorough expression of what you contribute to the story.
- 1-3 years of relevant editing experience at a digital media company or equivalent
- Possess exceptional communication, creative, and organizational skills
- Work well in a team, as well as on your own
- Embrace the reality of video deadlines
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Deep understanding of the Thrillist brand and lifestyle, and an accompanying passion for food, drink, entertainment, and travel
- Be open to constructive criticism from peers and strive to make best-in-class content
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.