Training and Knowledge Analyst
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 3 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal engages readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer Engine division will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Service & Experience Design Department
The Customer Service & Experience Design team works within the Customer Engine supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones, with key operations based out of three locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
The Customer Service team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations group which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Delivery and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
Based in: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Training & Knowledge Manager
- Complete the entire lifecycle of assigned training projects including, but not limited to project management, instructional design, business writing, facilitation and other related administrative tasks.
- Using instructional design skills, work with the team to develop training materials to ensure agents are fully briefed and skilled on appropriate products and systems
- Oversee the agent training schedule and competency framework
- Lead the development of onboarding and ongoing training development in across all brands and systems used and supported by agents.
- Function as the internal champion and subject matter expert responsible for communications, training and induction processes that align with sales objectives and brand values that result in agent performance that enhances customer interaction
- Maintain the Customer Service Knowledge Base in a timely fashion with policies, procedures and supplemental information agents need to deliver accurate support on a daily basis.
- At least one year of experience performing a Training role in a similar environment
- Strong MS Office and Adobe Product Suite skills
- Experience in coaching and developing team members
- Excellent presentation and knowledge transfer (one-to-one and classroom) skills
- Ability and willingness to travel. This role will likely require visits to each other contact centers
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com