Senior Producer, MSNBC Hardball
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Every evening, from the MSNBC studios in Washington, D.C., veteran journalist Chris Matthews hosts a passionate hour of in-depth political analysis and fiery debate. "Hardball with Chris Matthews'' features interviews and debates with prominent politicians, newsmakers, and leaders.
Join the NYC Hardball team as a Senior Producer and contribute daily by creating, producing and supervising programming focused on political insight and newsworthy events of the day.
Essential Responsibilities:Assist with the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the showServe as a control room supervisorSupervise and copy edit segment producers’ scriptsCoach and mentor show staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc).
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.