Design Manager, Artisan Books
- Full Time
Artisan Books, a division of Workman Publishing (located in New York City's West Village neighborhood), seeks a team-player that provides fresh and beautiful designs for a diverse list of illustrated books.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative and exciting designs for approximately 3 titles per season
- Design covers, and jackets for approximately 4 titles per season
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, freelancers, in-house typesetters, and junior level designers
- Make corrections on all passes and prepare titles for production
- Approximately five years of experience in illustrated book design
- Knowledge of book traditions and typographic conventions
- A keen layout sensibility, and the proven ability to select and sequence images for publication
- Expert skills in Adobe In Design CS, Adobe Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS are required.
- BFA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in In Design, Photoshop and Creative Suite
- Previous design experience required; typesetting experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong time management, follow up and follow through skills
- Great attitude - team player
- Presentation of portfolio required
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.