Marketing Account Director (PR & Digital)
A group of smart, happy people.
We're looking for a bright, seasoned Account Director to oversee communications programming for a growing silo of consumer goods accounts, including health and wellness and wine and spirits. We pride ourselves on our creative programming, so we do what we can to foster that in our team members. We like people who are culturally intelligent, care about ownership of work, who will hold themselves to a standard of excellence and protect their staff and see to their continual development. This role will oversee a combination of traditional media relations, social media content creation and management as well as digital marketing.
- Must have 5-7 years of Public Relations or Digital Marketing experience—if you have related experience, convince us why your background has prepared you for this position.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Have experience or strong interest in media relations, social media and digital marketing.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have skills that provide essential support for creative programs, including research, media and client management, strategy development and event planning.
- Have the ability to project manage, multi-task multiple programs, and be enjoyable to work with while doing so.
- Possess leadership and management skills within a marketing environment.
- Have experience at winning new clients and pitching for business.
- Be a keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople.
- Have the ability to analyze complex data and interpret it for a range of audiences.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Have strong negotiation and delegation skills.
- Senior contact for client accounts
- Managing client service and agency performance
- Overseeing marketing campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Championing the agency values and brand
- Analyzing outcomes and interpreting data
- Presenting findings to clients and key stakeholders
- Delegating to and managing an account team and support staff
- Nurturing talent
- Overseeing provision of account resources
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers
- Developing current client accounts
- Contributing to new business efforts
Some travel may be required. Spanish and/or French language abilities are a plus.
Base compensation + bonus + health benefits
401K + Profit Sharing
Vacation + federal holidays + alternate summer Fridays
A prodigious amount of staff Happy Hours and Wine Tastings
One trend trip annually to spark creativity (we've studied chocolate, learned pizza making, rode white water rapids, did vodka tastings in Paris, Copenhagen, Honduras, Moscow, Rome and other locations so far).
We're located in a sunny office in NoMad Chelsea where music plays, and deadlines are constant. We're seeking someone who is a joy to be around, and whose drive helps us do what we do—only better.
We've won a lot of awards, because the people that we hire care about the work, seeing it as a reflection of them. If you see yourself in this job description, tell us why you'd be perfect for us in a cover letter, along with your compensation request. PLEASE NOTE that emails without a cover letter and salary requirement will NOT be considered; first step is following directions.