Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects. We're a team of ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Sweeten’s mission is to help renovating homeowners and business owners to “renovate fearlessly” by matching them with the best vetted general contractors and architects for their projects, and providing educational and inspirational content to smooth the path. (The Sweeten blog was a finalist for Domino magazine's "Best Design Blogs" in 2017!) Our service is absolutely free to the renovator.
Our marketing team leads Sweeten’s marketing and promotional efforts to reflect the company’s mission, from content creation, advertising and SEO to events and social media channels. We’re hiring a content coordinator who will be responsible for contributing and packaging Sweeten’s original digital content, assisting with partnerships and reporting on metrics. We’re looking for a detail-oriented team player with amazing organizational skills; an eye for gorgeous visuals, impeccable grammar and engaging writing; and who wants to apply his/her dynamic talents at a company that values creativity and storytelling.
Renovating is a complex undertaking. Our new content coordinator will support planning, development, and delivery of content that makes the process more accessible and less daunting. Identifying a pipeline of projects, some writing for the blog, formatting stories for publication and optimal searchability, and expanding on ways to promote features more widely are part of the role.
Sweeten’s start-up culture is highly collaborative; you’ll interact with other departments on a regular basis. Working primarily on the blog and with Sweeten’s Editor to handle the everyday demands of content creation, you will:
- Pitch, write, edit, and proofread blog posts.
- Produce and assemble blog content for daily publication online.
- Make sure people find our great content through masterful use of SEO tools and strategies.
- Prospect for interesting stories in our renovation project pipeline and manage outreach to our happy customers.
- Support content creation and packaging for syndication partners.
- Contribute to social media content for various channels (we have 500K+ Instagram followers!).
- Compile assets and write teasers for our weekly email newsletter.
- Work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop partnerships and events.
- Support PR pitches, track press mentions, and recommend updates to keep our press page fresh.
- Process content-related invoices on a monthly basis.
- Test, track, measure, and report on blog metrics to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field
- 2-4 years of digital experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and meet rolling deadlines
- Strong understanding and experience with SEO and content search tools, as well as Google Analytics
- Expertise using WordPress, MailChimp, social media platforms, and other plug-ins.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, and renovation
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” on our job post and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.