About Your Role:
As a Dotdash Freelance Content Update Editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to elevate the user experience and drive additional traffic around the Dotdash.com network. You will specifically work with content within The Balance subverticals, so experience with financial content (such as investment advice, small business issues, and career advice) is a must. This is a three-month project, with the possibility of a longer term.
About Your Contributions:
- Assess how much revision or updating an article needs
- Assess whether an article is too outdated or poorly composed to salvage
- Perform the revisions or updates
- Fact check the content
- Copyedit any content that needs little or no revision
- Must be comfortable working in a content management system and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly
- Must be comfortable working remotely
- Must have a strong background in working with financial content, although experience working with other content is a plus.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire,ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.