- Full Time
The Valley CW, the Hearst Television owned CW affiliate in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, has an immediate opening for a Local Sales Account Executive. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing station. Great resources including Nielsen ratings, Marshall Marketing qualitative data, an established promotional street team and the vast digital assets of sister station NBC5/WPTZ, provide significant opportunity for building innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship opportunities for both established and newly developed clients. The position is based primarily in Colchester, VT, with need to travel throughout the entire DMA.
- Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the community
- Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
- Generate new revenue by developing new advertisers to our medium.
- Manage and evolve a list of current valued clients
- Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
- Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
- Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other resources.
- Previous media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications preferred, or the equivalent.