On Air Talent
- Full Time
Cox Media Group – Tulsa is looking for a multi-format, multi-platform talent to engage our audiences and help our established local brands to continue to thrive in a competitive media market. This is a rare opportunity to join a winning team and work for a company that puts talent first and sincerely values passion, initiative and innovation.
The ideal candidate:
Has a track record of broadcast ratings success
Is relentless in the pursuit of on-air excellence
Is committed to growing audience share across evolving digital and social media platforms
Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys being challenged
Loves multiple genres of music
Plays well with others, has a sincere desire to make those around them better, and is committed to a team mentality in a diverse environment
We are looking for a creative and dynamic individual who is motivated to consistently generate compelling cross-platform content that is relevant to a 25 to 54-year-old adult. The candidate that we choose will have a thorough understanding of the evolving nature of our industry and will embrace digital products with the same enthusiasm and sense of urgency as they do our on-air products.''
The ideal candidate will embrace this life-style role and assist the team in whatever capacity is necessary to further develop our winning culture; however, at a minimum they will be expected to:
• Host daily interactive programs across multiple stations (50%)
• Cultivate relevant, compelling show content, with an extra effort to seek that which is local (15%)
• Curate regular, relevant, compelling digital and social media content that engages our audience and build out brands (15%)
• Assist in the production of high-quality, professional commercial audio (10%)
• Enthusiastically engage with our audience in person at station events, remote broadcasts and appearances as opportunities arise (5%)
• Work with our Sales and Promotions teams to conceive, execute and maximize revenue opportunities (5%)
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
Minimum 3 years on-air experience
Previous Assistant Program Director experience is a plus, but not required.
Track record of success in ratings and revenue.
• A strong on-air presence
• A proven ability to interact with audience on-air in a meaningful way
• The ability to curate compelling content to engage both terrestrial and digital audiences
• A commitment to growing audience across evolving digital and social media platforms
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience operating broadcast and production equipment, audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.), and general office software.
• Flexible availability --- We go where our audience is, and this means regular evening and weekend appearance
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing