OEM Account Manager
OEM Account Management Consultant
The OEM Account Management Consultant is responsible for defending revenue through advertising pre-sales planning, campaign implementation, and performance measurement. This individual partners with Sales on daily management of clients. He or she serves as the primary day-to-day external advocate within Autotrader or Kelley Blue Book brands to generate and execute solutions aligning to client objectives. The Account Manager proactively addresses sales team and client needs by utilizing internal assets, resources, and capabilities to further Autotrader or Kelley Blue Book brands, business, and agency relationships. This team member has the ability to manage complex, medium to high volume accounts and has actively participated in cross-functional projects.
Manage, collaborate, and communicate with brand teams and cross-functional partners.
- Consider options with sales partner in generating revenue through new or renewed advertising sales.
- Collect, organize, and report on external data that impacts the client.
- Provide consulting and remarketing expertise for assigned account(s).
- Create, manage, and deliver optimization and reinvestment plans to sales partners and clients.
- Own defending of revenue through advertising campaign optimization.
- Collaborate and communicate with brand teams and cross-functional partners.
Assessment and Planning
- Collaborate with sales partner to generate ideas and solutions addressing client needs.
- Provide recommendations in producing client-focused presentations and site reviews for delivery in person or remotely in response to client RFPs or a proactive proposal submission.
- Team with Ad Ops partners to determine available advertising capacity.
Cross-Functional Implementation and Fulfillment
- Lead fulfillment of RFPs and insertion orders, in collaboration with sales partner.
- Work with Ad Ops partners to secure inventory supporting the solutions.
- Manage campaign process by ensuring campaign launches on time as contractually scheduled.
- Lead weekly status calls with Ad Ops and Finance.
Measurement and Evaluation
- Manage, monitor, and optimize the delivery of contracted advertising campaigns, including reporting campaign pacing to Sales partners on a weekly basis.
- Provide valuable and insightful reporting recommendations to Sales partners and clients, including campaign summaries to identify upsell opportunities.
- Reconcile billing in collaboration with Ad Ops and Finance partners.
Manage agency clients by proactively addressing their needs and utilizing internal resources/capabilities to further the relationships between clients and Autotrader or Kelley Blue Book.
- Develop a recommendation as it relates to strategies and tactics to grow relationships at both the client and agency level.
- Provide insightful recommendations in agency meetings, providing knowledge of the site, the clients’ campaigns, and the industry.
- Engage in Client Services meetings to share best practices, provide recommendations, and develop skillset.
- Manage internal relationships and systems.
- 3+ years of experience in strategic account management or ad operations with at least two years of online account management or media buying or planning at an ad agency.
- Previous experience in media planning or buying at an ad agency, account management at an online publisher, and automotive industry experience are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple accounts and has participated in cross-functional projects.
- Background in sales or sales support with a customer focus.
- Understanding of marketing, advertising, and advertising inventory capacity.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience working with MS PowerPoint, MS Excel required; experience with DoubleClick, and third party reporting is strongly preferred
- Proven experience and ability to coordinate and manage several high priority projects and/or campaigns in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven experience working with customer groups to analyze data and problems and provide solutions to meet their needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Four year bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea®, and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing