- Full Time
Cox Media Group’s Jacksonville Stations are looking for a smart, creative, enterprising Multimedia Journalist to own one of our fast-growing counties. We work on the leading edge of news technology & coverage possibilities, charting a leadership position for how journalism is practiced in our community. As part of our team, you’ll work on Journalism’s Big Three delivery platforms: TV, Digital & Radio. The successful candidate is expected to develop, write and produce stories, develop sources and contacts, be an outstanding live storyteller and write and produce for TV, Radio, web, social and mobile. We emphasize outstanding visual storytelling and reward success.
- A strong writer.
- An active live reporter.
- A reporter who uncovers new information.
- A team player who can evolve based on feedback and research.
- A self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
- Creative storyteller and live reporter.
- Imaginative and creative multimedia journalist.
- Able to shoot and edit in the field.
- Able to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast, deliver recorded and live radio reports and audio interviews, quick cellphone photos, and cell video for digital.
- A digital natural who posts story updates to social media platforms as they develop stories.
- An innovator who can learn new technologies as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 1-3 years of professional television newscast experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- The ability to carry 40lbs of broadcast equipment.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing