Anchor - Telemundo Charlotte
- Full Time
Telemundo Charlotte, a Cox Media Group station, is searching for the Anchor who will lead the launch of Charlotte’s first Spanish-language television newscast. The successful candidate will be a great leader and teammate who can engage with viewers both on air and on our digital platforms. As part of our team, you’ll be contributing on television and online by writing and presenting stories every day. The Telemundo Charlotte team works side by side with sister station WSOC and lives the same mission: We Serve Our Community.
The ideal Telemundo Anchor is:
- A leader who puts the audience first.
- A strong writer and creative storyteller.
- A team player who can evolve based on feedback and research.
- A self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
- A digital natural who posts story updates to social media platforms as they develop stories.
- An innovator who can learn new technologies as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education and experience in digital news production preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish-language.
- Three years’ experience at news production preferred, including spot news.
- Knowledge of digital content management systems, email and database management programs.
- Requirement may change over time depending on technology and company priorities.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte-1901 N Tryon St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing