Social Media Producer
Baker’s Dozen Media is currently seeking a hyper-creative Social Media Producer (video and photo) to join our team. You’ll be tasked to create short-form videos, GIPs and visually engaging photos for platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This position is critical to the daily operation and success of Baker’s Dozen Media and its clients. In general, you’re known as the go-to when it comes to all things social media and short form video for the lifestyle category (food, home décor and pop culture).
- Work alongside social media team to create incredibly watchable, shareable and exciting short-form digital video and graphics (everything from social quote cards and memes, to GIFs and short videos).
- Brainstorm fresh ideas constantly
- Hone those ideas into repeatable franchises that viewers can get excited to come back to over-and-over.
- Creatively source and secure footage from third-party sources (including creative commons and public domain content)
- Analyze data around the videos you create and use that to guide smart decision-making for future videos
- Develop cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for social media content.
- Browse the web for relevant and engaging links.
- Write daily posts for and engage with followers for Baker’s Dozen Media clients on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and/or Snapchat.
- Monitor competitor’s social media presence
- Develop category knowledge by attending conferences/webinars.
- Minimum 3-5 years in social media and/or digital producing for a digital outlet or brand. Experienced writing for digital—clips in the verticals of lifestyle (food, health and home décor) are a plus
- Strong familiarity with all major social media platforms
- Expert at non-linear editing with expertise in Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite programs, experience with After Effects and other design programs
- Expert on sizing/ratios for all social platforms
- Ability to work fast and efficiently in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Strong passion for food and pop culture
- Basic HTML, Google Analytics, SEO and CMS skills preferred
- Animation skills a plus
- Familiar with operating DSLR cameras
- Familiar with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage