Manager of Applied Analytics, BritBox
2 days left
- Full Time
BritBox is a new streaming video service that offers the largest collection of British TV programming. For this newly created position, we are looking for someone to provide leadership and expertise in data/analytics, with a focus on initiatives that support and empower the BritBox business units, including marketing, creative, and editorial/programming teams. The focus of this role is to extract greater value and deliver insights through advanced analytics within the relevant department as well as across the business.
Business Analytics and Reporting
- Partner with business unit stakeholders to understand requirements and develop reporting and insights solutions that meet business needs.
- Define workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported. Develop and enhance reporting solutions; In addition, script and automate standard processes, where possible.
- Drive direct and cross-function execution on analytics projects: define problem, identify appropriate data sources and analytic techniques/methodologies, ensure accurate and high-quality output, craft the story and present results and recommendations.
- Ownership of end-to-end reporting process from pulling in-depth data, to working with team members to understand underlying business drivers, to creating clear presentations that communicate a variety of insights including business and customer trends, performance against KPIs, and recommendations on how to further the company's growth.
- Ownership of ongoing business reporting, including customer acquisition, retention, marketing performance/ROI, customer LTV, user engagement/consumption, and editorial/programming performance, for a range of stakeholders from business leads to senior executives.
- Management and production of stakeholder reporting and interactive dashboards, including Board-facing weekly/monthly reports and quarterly presentations.
- Proactively lead on BI initiatives such as system developments, new reporting, enhancements and automation
- Provide ad-hoc analytical insights and coordinate best-practice share for key stakeholders
- Help manage content commitment and spend through tracking spreadsheets
- Supporting new business development and strategic opportunities through market research and competitive benchmarking
- Lead on primary and secondary research to inform business about subscriber activities and behaviors
- Support on other projects as assigned by manager in an entrepreneurial environment
- 5+ years of experience in analytics with increasing responsibility in Entertainment, Media, Communications, or related industries.
- Strong technical skills (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Hive, HTML), presentation & visualization skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Tableau), and advanced analytics skills are required.
- A Bachelors’ degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Hands-on technical skills, ideally including experience using reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) and industry specific tools (e.g. TechEdge, AdvantEdge, Abode Analytics)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate subject matter authority and expertise
- Understand concepts behind Business Intelligence (e.g. – data warehouses, automation) and how information can be used to drive competitive advantage
Apply for Manager of Applied Analytics, BritBox
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly