Freelance Associate Producer
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for a freelance News Writer to assist in the development and production of local television news by writing and formatting scripts and coordinating program elements for all News 12 platforms including social media. The ideal candidate will write clear, accurate copy with sources checked and on a strict deadline. Write to video and other graphic elements. Act as producer as necessary. Maintain familiarity with local, national and international current events, important issues and newsmakers. Other responsibilities will be to monitor News 12 content and maintain familiarity with it on a continuing basis. Take part in editorial process and propose stories to be covered. Work accurately under pressure. Coordinate with studio, graphics, assignment desk, field crews and other colleagues. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus
• Minimum of one-year of broadcast journalism experience.
• Experience with Electronic News Production System (ENPS) preferred.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
• Competence in broadcast news writing.
• Must have knowledge of and interest in local, national and world news with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.