Designer - Penguin Young Readers
3 days left
- Full Time
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 21072
Penguin Young Readers is searching for a Designer to join the art department for two imprints, G. P. Putnam’s Sons and Nancy Paulsen Books. The Designer will conceptualize and design trade hardcover children’s books and work closely with the Art Director and publishing teams to incorporate feedback and refine designs. This is an incredibly opportunity to manage all stages of cover and interior design for bestselling children’s titles from concept to production.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working with the Art Director, Editors, Illustrators and the Production team to create picture book jackets and interiors and novel jackets and interiors.
* Researching and acquiring fonts, illustrations, photographs and graphics needed for design.
* Preparing materials for the printing of the books.
* Monitoring established budgets and scheduling and overseeing quality at all stages.
* Negotiating with artists and agencies for use of fonts, illustrations, photographs and graphics for use in books.
* Assigning and monitoring work of freelancers as needed.
* Mentoring and training the department Junior Designer, Art Assistant and Art Department intern as needed.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.