The Insurance Insider is looking for a journalist to join its editorial team in New York as an Associate Editor or Senior Editor.
The role will offer a journalist taking their first steps as an editor the chance to hone their skills at a highly respected and fast-growing magazine that covers the global insurance sector.
The Insurance Insider is a hard-hitting and fiercely independent news magazine based in London and New York that consistently breaks major news in its sector ahead of its competitors and the mainstream financial press, while providing intelligent analysis and insightful opinion to senior leaders in the industry.
The Associate Editor/Senior Editor will play a key role in overseeing and executing the news flow in the US, as well as developing a network of industry contacts so that they can contribute to the magazine’s culture of scoops.
In this capacity, they will help the direct day-to-day work of the Reporters, alongside other senior staff.
Over time the Associate Editor/Senior Editor will be expected to contribute longer news analysis articles and opinion pieces in addition to straight news articles.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a successful track record of reporting and ideally editing in a B2B context, and the ability to write and edit quickly and accurately
- Have sound judgement about which news stories are worth covering and an ability to prioritise well
- Have a desire to develop as an editorial leader
- Has a knack for cultivating contacts and the desire to build a network to generate exclusive news stories on developments like M&A and executive-level people moves
- Have an interest in business and finance, preferably with some background reporting on the latter
- Be intellectually sharp and prepared to make a sustained effort to gain a sophisticated understanding of a complex market over and above that expected by most trade titles (prior insurance experience not required)
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Be energetic and a self-starter
- Be comfortable working with numbers and statistics
- Have the willingness to work hard as part of a relatively small US editorial team and get the most of their time
- Want to work collaboratively with the existing close-knit team rather than in competition with them
The Insurance Insider:
- Is an award-winning title that is globally recognized as the leading title in the sector
- Will have 15 dedicated journalists and analyst following planned recruitment in the autumn (
- Has grown subscription revenues 30% in the last year
- Publishes online news, analysis and content online, via email and as PDFs
- Is part of publishing house Euromoney Institutional Investor, a London-listed company in the FTSE 250, with a major New York presence