- Full Time
The Insurance Insider is looking for a journalist to join its editorial team in New York as a Reporter.
The role will offer a journalist early in their career the opportunity to hone their skills at a highly respected and fast-growing magazine that covers the global insurance sector.
The Insurance Insider is a hard-hitting and fiercely independent news magazine based in London and New York that consistently breaks major news in its sector ahead of its competitors and the mainstream financial press, while providing intelligent analysis and insightful opinion to senior leaders in the industry.
The Reporter will be on the frontline, hunting out and writing breaking news, as well as developing a network of industry contacts so that they can contribute to the magazine’s culture of scoops.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to work to write news copy rapidly and accurately
- have a knack for cultivating contacts and a desire to build a network to generate exclusive news stories on developments like M&A and executive-level people moves
- be intellectually sharp and prepared to make a sustained effort to gain a sophisticated understanding of a complex market over and above that expected by most trade titles (prior insurance experience not required)
- have excellent spoken and written English
- be comfortable working with numbers
- want to work collaboratively with the existing close-knit team rather than in competition with them
- be energetic and a self-starter
The Insurance Insider:
- is an award-winning title that is globally recognized as the leading title in the sector
- will have 15 dedicated journalists and analyst following planned recruitment in the autumn
- has grown subscription revenues 30% in the last year
- publishes online news, analysis and content online, via email and as PDFs
- is part of publishing house Euromoney, a London-listed company in the FTSE 250, with a major New York presence