Senior Vice President, Digital News
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for a team of 10 peopleIncreasing digital scale and distributionDevelop and execute a robust product strategy that enables news to deliver highly competitive consumer-facing products and services across multiple distribution points: OTT, mobile, web, social and TVPartner closely with editorial leaders on creating content to support digital growth strategiesLead news partnership strategy (e.g. Facebook, Google) and liaise with NBCUniversal Corporate and its parent company, Comcast, as neededEvangelize news digital vision to internal and external constituentsCollaborate with analytics/insights team to identify user needs and form new product and market opportunitiesBring knowledge of the digital landscape, product marketplace and best in class digital practices to news. Translate knowledge into strategy and tactics that differentiates us from competitorsDrive profitability for digital working closely with editorial leaders and sales. Oversee ad sales product strategy and execution (including new sales products)
The Senior Vice President, Digital News is responsible for the development and execution of a competitive digital strategy that enables digital growth across Telemundo. A significant component of the role will be leading product content strategy across news, partnering closely with editorial, product, technology, marketing, sales and analytics/insights. This position will craft the path to enhance the immediate consumer experience, while laying out a competitive product roadmap for the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in News & Digital
• Proven experience in news content and brand creation & development.
• Experience overseeing the design, development, and launch of successful consumer digital products
• Proven track record of delivering growth in digital
• Highly collaborative leader with a proven ability to lead in a matrixes environment. Able to effectively partner with multiple stakeholders
• Strategic thinker who can also execute – with a highly creative and innovative approach to solving business problems
• Exceptional project management and organization skills, able to produce complex and multi- faceted deliverables across various lines of business
• Innovative leader with a proven ability to drive innovation across organizations
• Exceptional communication skills and strong executive presence, able to represent news internally and externally
• Working expertise with latest technologies and trends including social, commerce, CRM, mobile marketing, search technologies, etc.
• Digital native ideally
• Strong influencer who can challenge and shift the status quo
• Deep and intuitive sense of news and the ability to develop digital strategies that allow for customized “front end” digital brands while taking advantage of news scale and synergies in product & technology.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.