Senior Editor: mensjournal.com
Senior Editor, MensJournal.com
MensJournal.com is currently seeking a skilled senior editor to assign, edit, and write stories to the day’s events through the adventurous lens of the brand.
Candidates should have at least four years of editing experience and be equally prepared to cover everything from the adventure world and real-time disasters to how Josh Brolin got ripped to play Cable in Deadpool 2.
We need energy and voice and solid editorial judgment in covering a broad array of stories. The ability to constantly generate story ideas is a must.
• Brainstorm, assign, edit, and publish engaging stories in a fast-paced, digital-first environment
• Maintain a large stable of freelance writers
• Analyze data and help develop strategies to grow the brand’s audience on multiple platforms
• Adapt to changing scenarios deftly and quickly, including reacting to brand-relevant news
• Recruit new writers to Men’s Journal
• Write scripts for short-form digital video
• Post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms when needed
• Minimum of four years of digital editorial experience
• Strong interest in, and deep knowledge of, current trends in technology, autos, drinks, adventure, and outdoor, sports, and home gear
• A working stable of freelance writers at your fingertips
• The ability to juggle many projects at once
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, WordPress, Facebook Insights, Hootsuite, and CrowdTangle a plus