Creatives at Warehouse Twenty One have the opportunity to do a variety of work for a broad range of clients - building their skills and flexing their creativity along the way. Check out our website and see for yourself - as a generalist agency, W21 clients include heavy industrial manufacturers, financial institutions, a lottery agency, non profits, computer manufacturer, state agencies, and boutique eateries, among others. With this assortment of clients the work is varied as well - print, digital, in store POP, large-scale event booth structures, educational pieces, websites, videos, large format graphics - you get the picture, we do it all.
The Art Director will work closely with the Creative Director and ACD/Copywriter to conceptualize creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent of client campaigns and help determine the best ways to produce products through the Creative Department’s internal team and external partners. The Art Director ensures projects uphold Warehouse Twenty One’s quality expectations from concepts through completion and keeps projects moving accordingly. This position will assist the Creative Director in formulating processes for overseeing, training and coaching the Designer team while also serving as an Art Director on client projects. The ideal candidate will have agency experience in creating and managing high impact campaigns that meet the client’s goal while telling the client’s story (while knowing how to have some fun along the way). We operate in a team-first collaborative environment where attention to detail and quality execution are key. Join us.
- 5+ years of agency experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- A strong portfolio exhibiting professional level skills
- Prior work experience on a wide range of media with in-depth knowledge of the printing process
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Adobe Creative Suite experience primarily Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop with some experience in Audition, After Effects, Premier Pro, Media Encoder
- Experience working in CMS platforms, primarily WordPress
- General management and people skills to communicate clearly with tact to clients and W21 team members
- High organizational skills and time management skills to be able to keep project details and budgets straight and schedules on time
- Communication / presentation skills for both internal and client reviews
- Artistic skills to be applied both on and off of the computer
- Execute work and inspire others with a high level of creative aesthetic, versatility, and originality
- Work independently as well as orchestrating the team to produce brands and identities
- Utilize a broad range of styles including his or her own personal style and Illustration skills
- Oversee, execute and manage client campaigns and projects in partnership with the Account and Strategy teams -- ensure design follows brand and strategy
- Contribute to the client and design discovery processes
- Meet with internal team to develop details and contribute to the scope of a project
- Design for a wide variety of mediums and determines print/production specs
- Ensure consistency across brands and is able to develop brand guidelines
- Implement projects within schedule and budget constraints and helps the team work accordingly
- Work on target with regards to client and team strategies
- Lead the team and ensures collaboration with project managers, copywriters, designers, supervisors, etc.
- Pitch / present creative concepts and assets to Clients with the Account and Strategy teams
- Work with team or individually to amend final designs to internal or client feedback and gain full approval
- Design and produce print ready files, quickly and accurately
- Perform press-checks and proof signoffs for quality and accuracy on projects or work with team to ensure quality control
- Manage varying pieces of an entire project, with the ability to keep team members working towards established deadlines
- Oversee graphic designer(s) in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art
- Work with video and motion graphics and can help make storyboards or assets
- Work with audio production, photography, and creative copywriting
Warehouse Twenty One is a brand, campaign and event firm. Our group of strategic and creative gurus work in a restored warehouse in the historic West Edge of Cheyenne, Wyoming. We’re inspired by great ideas, motivated by potential, passionate about amazing teamwork, and hate skipping Friday lunches. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, a 401K plan, and a company culture that’s a bit eccentric, a little groovy, and a lot of fun.