Freelance Graphic Artist
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 is looking for the right candidate to develop graphics for newscasts and other on-air segments for all News 12 Services. The candidate will use programs including After Effects, VIZrt, and Photoshop to create modern, elegant and intelligent news graphics for pre-production, post-production and live newscasts. In collaboration with producers, writers, and other designers, the right candidate will create a variety of newscast graphics, including over-the-shoulder boxes, banners, monitors, maps, and full screen graphics for all newscasts. Create opens, promotional elements, weather graphics and other generic applications while contributing to maintenance of overall station appearance standards. Stay informed of current events. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Minimum of one year experience in graphic arts for television preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Photoshop.
• Knowledge of VIZrt and After Effects is a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate exceptional artistic ability, have a thorough knowledge of computer graphics equipment and techniques and possess excellent spelling skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is required.
• A strong knowledge of local communities, issues and newsmakers a plus.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.