CECP Communications and Marketing Fellow
CECP is a CEO led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success.
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $7 trillion in revenues, $18.6 billion in societal investment, 13 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
CECP is seeking a graduate student for a part-time academic-year internship to assist with CECP's marketing campaigns, social media activities, public relations outreach, and stakeholder communications. The Communications and Marketing Fellow also supports the planning for CECP's annual flagship events, including the Board of Boards and the CECP Summit.
- Develop, design and manage content (e.g., photos, videos, written content) for e-newsletters, social media, website, blog, member communications, webinars, and other materials; deploy content through various communications platforms to target audiences.
- Publicize programs through social networking sites.
- Write and edit press releases, media advisories, talking points, articles, posts, speeches and other communications materials to promote various projects, campaigns, and activities.
- Provide support for flagship events, including the creation of PowerPoint decks; videos; marketing materials such as handouts, binders, and signs; and visuals such as word clouds.
- Track media hits, campaign reach and results.
- Monitor traditional and online media and public opinion.
- Maintain list of industry conferences; coordinate speaking proposals and registrations.
- Support Communications and Marketing team.
- Hours and duration:
- Part time/22 hours a week.
- Flexible hours based on school schedule: typically three days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Flexible duration: typically 8-10 months in length.
- Graduate student in media and communications, journalism, public relations or marketing; in digital, online communications, or in nonprofit management.
- Have a pre-existing interest in public relations and an understanding of basic media relations tactics.
- Prior internship, volunteer, or professional experience.
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks, under time pressure, in a careful, timely manner; ability to move easily between multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Experience and competence in working independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in working in a cutting-edge, purpose-driven, and fun work environment!
- Eagerness to be creative and take initiative on new ideas and projects.
- Comfort speaking on the phone.
- Excellent research, writing, editing and oral communication skills and ability to develop written content quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; Salesforce a plus.
- Experience leveraging e-communications and social networking for goal or outcome:
- e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Storify, Vertical Response (or Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.).
- Understanding of CECP’s mission and goals.
- Experience with web or graphic design and development, and website content management and search engine optimization a plus.
- e.g., Joomla, InDesign, Google AdWords, Photoshop
- Understanding of video editing tools and interest in creating engaging video content a plus.
Please email a single PDF document containing your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Apply for CECP Communications and Marketing Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly