Freelance Associate Editor (NYC, Full Time)
Lifewire, one of the largest and fastest growing tech sites on the web, is seeking a full time freelance Associate Editor, to be located in our Midtown, New York City office. As an Associate Editor, you will work directly with the Editor to review newly created content to ensure editorial best practices and brand positioning with the ultimate goal of publishing only the very best content online.
About Your Contributions:
- Line edit and copy edit all submitted content
- Interact and communicate with a team of remote freelance writers
- Work closely with our Content Strategist to ensure submitted content is of the desired scope
- Assist the Editor with freelancer contract compliance and payment concerns
- Assist the Editor with recruitment and training of new expert freelance writers
- Occasional additional duties as assigned, including promotion, research, updating existing content, and related tasks
- 2+ years’ experience editing technology related content on the web
- Strong copy and line editing skills
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Deep passion for and knowledge of editorial and content in the tech space
- Proactive and flexible with a great sense of humor and entrepreneurial energy, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fast-moving environment
- Experience working closely with remote co-workers
- Detail oriented, deadline focused, and eager to learn
- Basic image editing skills
Lifewire teaches you how to best use your screens and gadgets, have fun with technology, fix what isn’t working, and buy the best gear for your life. We're here with straightforward, practical advice to help you live better with technology. With over 15,000 pieces of content written by dozens of expert technology writers, Lifewire helps over 20 million users each month get the most out of modern technology. Lifewire is a Dotdash brand and a Top 10 tech site.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire,ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.