Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
NYC Beauty PR Agency searching for a strong Senior Account Executive. Only apply if you have BOTH Beauty and PR Agency experience and live in the NYC area.
We are a fast paced, high energy mid-sized public relations agency and we're looking for a self-motivated, pro-active Senior Account Executive/Publicist with extremely strong media pitching skills and media relationships to join our dynamic team. Located in downtown NYC, you will have the opportunity to work on several well-known beauty and lifestyle brands ranging from Fortune 500 companies to European boutique and natural brands.
Responsibilities include leveraging relationships with the national and regional consumer beauty and lifestyle media; event coordination; client relations, managing accounts; developing pitches, securing media placements in target media outlets; and overseeing and managing junior staff. Ability to work fast and meet tight daily/weekly deadlines is essential.
In exchange, we offer employees a fun, energetic and creative work environment, full health insurance benefits, summer hours, 401K, vacation time and much, much more.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running on a number of our current beauty accounts and possess the following qualities:
- MUST HAVE 3+ years of experience in a PR Agency and Beauty Experience.
- Proven success in pitching and securing press for consumer beauty and lifestyle accounts.
- Strong media contacts with beauty editors at the top national and regional consumer publications, as well as with beauty and lifestyle bloggers, influencers, beauty experts and broadcast producers both nationally and regionally.
- Experience and proven success in developing and putting together media pitches and broadcast segments.
- Come to the table with media references.
- Experience in servicing numerous accounts at one time, managing clients and maintaining press relationships.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, writing, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritize own work, keeping team abreast of all developments relating to client work.
- Ability to draft press releases, product fact sheets, invitations, status reports, and contribute to new business/PR strategy proposals
- Be creative, resourceful and have a keen attention to detail.
- Be able to contribute to a team atmosphere and work well with others.
- Do whatever it takes to provide the ultimate service to both clients and the media.
- Have a sense of humor, a sense of loyalty and be able to think outside of the box.
- Be able to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Oversee performance and mentor Junior staff members.
If this sounds like the job for you, then send a cover letter and your resume.