The Editorial Services unit of the Corporate Communications department of a government agency is responsible for conceptualizing and writing a wide variety of content, including: daily news articles for the intranet, external reports, resources pages for internal and external websites, and other material that conveys information to help define the corporate image.
Requirements for Writer -
- Prepare communications materials under the direction of the Chief of Editorial Services. Produce clear, crisp, concise copy. Typical projects include:
- Daily news stories and articles of interest to internal employees. This requires hard news reporting and newswriting experience, as well as good news judgment.
- Newsletters, video scripts, articles, speeches, reports, brochures, website content, and public notices for general, financial, industrial, academic, and professional publications and audiences.
- Conduct research and fact-finding for each assignment. This can include interviews and site visits to gather information. Fact-check for accuracy using internal and external sources.
- Develop familiarity with the substance and tone of the corporate message and apply it appropriately for various audiences.
- Proofread manuscripts or final typeset materials to ensure that written material is correct.
- Work closely with others, as necessary, and take direction readily.
- Meet deadlines: demonstrate a capacity to work under pressure and deliver research and draft manuscripts quickly.
- Deliver clean, accurate, ready-to-publish copy that is consistent with AP Style.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word. PowerPoint proficiency is a plus.
Closing Date: July 6, 2018
Apply for Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly