Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is in search for a Publishing Development Associate for its New York office who will monitor & track the roll-out of policies, pilots, and projects aimed at improving the publishing process. These activities typically facilitate Springer Research Group, our academic acquisitions editorial research unit, to Springer Nature-wide implementation of policies, market research, innovations or new types of publication. This role will support and report to the Vice President of Publishing Development.
- Supports, guides and tracks of policy communications by publishing editors with EiCs, Editorial Board Members, and Society Partners
- Works with colleagues in publishing development to set up efficient procedures & tools to keep track of policy deviations & exceptions where these cannot be avoided
- Supports and tracks publishing pilots aimed at testing innovations
- Supports the roll out and implementation of innovations such as the TOP guidelines, the COPE guidelines, ORCID, SharedIt, pre-print linking etc.
- Meets annual goals set by the Vice President Publishing Development
- Business travel (domestic/international) as required
- Other administrative duties as required by manager
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous experience in an editorial administration role
- Project management skills in terms of planning, execution, evaluation and reporting of results
- Extraordinary relationship manager; builds trust and credibility quickly while proactively addressing areas for improvement
- Works accurately with database tools and excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong networking skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.