The Restaurants Reporter will regularly write stories that lead our coverage of the restaurant industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze the trends impacting chefs, investors, employees and diners. This position will not be writing restaurant reviews.
You will own your beat, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down scoops, and sometimes also edit others’ work. This position reports to the managing editor.
Proven writing, reporting and editing skills
What you can bring to the table:
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories.
- Ability to build relationships with important sources and report on complex subjects.
- Strong digital news knowledge.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 2 years' experience writing and reporting on the restaurant industry.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 clips.