Senior Public Relations Manager
TAA PUBLIC RELATIONS IS HIRING SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER IN WASHINGTON, DC
TAA PR is in search of a dynamic and ambitious senior candidate to lead our DC hospitality team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successful hotel, restaurant, property and brand launches, large-scale events, national PR and marketing campaigns, brand collaborations, staff management and business development.
Responsibilities include overseeing national media relations campaigns on behalf of hospitality, clients based in the U.S. This candidate will have a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Editors in Chief, Executive and Deputy Editors, Directors, Travel and Critics/Reviewers and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, destination stories, broadcast appearances and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize, execute, and manage national media relations campaigns across lifestyle, hospitality, travel and business media.
- Day-to-day point person for high-level client contacts spanning CEOs, GMs, CMOs, VPs and Creative Directors.
- Develop media outreach strategy timeline for launches with relationship to overall project timeline.
- Collaborate with division heads and project teams as necessary to ensure the seamless execution of press and social media campaigns, special events, retail collaborations, and/or other deliverables.
- Identify strategic speaking opportunities and collaborations on behalf of clients and agency leaders.
- Manage account teams to successfully execute against expected campaign deliverables.
- Train and mentor junior staff to ensure growth within the agency.
- Lead business development; identifying prospective clients/partnerships, developing pitches and proposal creation.
Skills and qualities required:
- 7-10 years of PR & marketing experience
- Superior high level media contacts and broadcast, print and online media
- Experience managing account staff
- Established relationships with influencers within TAA’s areas of focus, including fashion, travel, lifestyle, food, culture and entertainment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player in an environment that requires and rewards collaboration
- BA/BS Required
ABOUT TAA Public Relations:
We are a results-oriented lifestyle public relations, marketing and special events agency specializing in the fashion, design, entertainment, hospitality and the luxury lifestyle sectors. With a mission to evolve, nurture and maintain essential relationships with media, celebrity and complex consumer markets, we consistently position our clients with integrity, intelligence and style.
Since our founding in 2002, TAA PR, has set the standard for results-oriented strategic communications, experiential marketing, branding, and social media services for emerging and established clients. Over the last 15 years, we have built an impressive track record of representing the highest profile fashion retailers, award-winning restaurants, boutique hotels, culture and lifestyle purveyors, and for upscale event productions in Washington, DC and Miami.